Pages

Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Water Babies


Here is the painting of the sea otters that I have been having so much fun painting. They are the happiest most inquisitive creatures that I have ever met. These are from Nootka Sound on Vancouver Island....We enjoy looking at them each year when we are on the island.
A group of otters is called a raft and often they hold paws as they
float on the waves to stay together. So check out my raft of otters.

Then as I was enjoying doing water babies....I continued and did a study of a mallard hen and her 6 chicks. The local fountain in Mcquire Lake is a wonderful place to spot mallards with their families....and as they are quite used to people they let me sit close to them and observe. These are quite the cutest babies at the pond.

3 comments:

Bonnie Heather said...

Love it. It looks so real. Who doesn't love baby animals. I'll be camping in Chase for a couple weeks. Maybe we'll drop in.

Daniel Nagtegaal said...

I saw your painting, the one posted here of the otters at the art show in Sorrento this past July, 2011. My wife and I were very impressed and I loved it from the moment I saw it. Great work! Love your style.

Valerie said...

Thank you Daniel, I appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts with me. Otters have to be one of the most captivating water creatures. They are so entertaining, Every year when we head to the sea, they are the first thing I watch for.