Pages

Saturday, August 21, 2010

Island trip


Just back from a wonderful island trip. We stayed right on the water at Critter Cove in Nooka Sound. It is amazing all the life that exists and multiplies in and near the ocean. During the 3 day trip we saw humpback whales, rafts of otters (that is what a group of otters is called - I googled it) seals and bears .......and of course fish of all types. Here is the photo of one group of otters. The weather was amazing ....always a bonus when visiting Vancouver Island where rain is more of the norm. The ocean was calm and beautiful.....alas not really calm enough for my stomach....but hey when I see a whale...I forget all about being green about the gills. I have painted otters and bears before ....but now have more great reference for the future. Right now I am still working on the 2 large canvases....getting them ready for Art Walk. The one is called Misty Morning and is a gentle painting of a horse under a tree in the mist.....I could have called it Christy in the Morning as it reminds me of the first horse Christy my brothers and I had. The other big one is of three big rams on a ridge. I have been jumping back and forth.....painting on one and then the other. Wish me speedy painting as time is marching along.

3 comments:

Bonnie Heather said...

I have one to finish and I'm not sure I'll make it. Hope you get both of yours done. I'll be in the small gym...see you soon.

syliva smith said...

Glad you enjoyed your island trip. Both John and I just it there.

syliva smith said...

...that is "love it" there......haha but you know that...right!!