Pages

Thursday, December 8, 2016

Framing - so important

Framing is such an important part of artwork. It can make or break not only the appearance but also the longevity of the artwork. It can be so hard to do it right and even when you do, it might not suit the home or business the artwork is going to be displayed in.  Yet when it is done right it makes artwork simply wonderful.

The first part sounds easy, just pick a frame that suits the artwork. Now you must consider colour, texture, width, surface shine, durability, price and like-ablity (will most people like it.) That last one is for me as an artist as I am choosing in the hopes that my collectors will like it.  Sometimes is goes so easily...the frame just works....other time you need to try all the samples twice to come to your decision.

Now I have to thank my framers for being incredible understanding and helping me out so much with advice, suggestions and support.  Moulding & More in Westbank are the greatest....always ready to help me figure out what I should do.  Big Thank you  out to them.

This is one of three boxes of frame corners to choose from. The big mountain painting below has three stacked frames to get that particular effect.



No comments: