Pages

Saturday, October 26, 2013

Favorite Things to do

We all have those favorite things we love to do.The past times that make you smile to think of them, that you love to plan for and look forward to.  Some of mine I have shared here on this blog. Here are two paintings that show a combo of my husband's and mine.
 They are titled Gone Fishing #1 and Gone Fishing #2. The first is a fly fishing painting and shows Neil's fly rod and a brass box given to him by his grandfather full of Neil's own handmade flies. We had some discussion while I was painting these flies...as Neil felt I was taking too much artistic license. One of my painted flies was totally vetoed and had to be repainted. (Oh my..... those fly tying artists...so wonderful and  temperamental :) This painting was created using watercolour and includes rocks and the feeling of walking on a river's edge...two favorite things of mine.
Gone Fishing #2 is river fishing and shows the different fishing gear and was painted in a more linear format in acrylic.

If fishing, rocks or walking by the edge of the rive are some of your favorite past times and you would like a painting to remind you of them - this original of  Gone Fishing #2 is still available and also prints of both Gone Fishing #1 and 2 are available in paper and canvas.

2 comments:

Bonnie Heather said...

I do love those things, even if I can never catch a fish ;(. Nice paintings. You are so talented to be able to switch mediums.

Valerie said...

Thank you Bonnie, I love to wander the shoreline looking at rocks and collecting bits of nature as Neil fishes the river.